The world is facing a huge problem with the increasing opiate addiction. Nearly 2 out of 5 Americans are a victim of this. In such a scenario of increasing epidemic, Suboxone which is a prescription drug – a combination of Naloxone and Buprenorphine has become widely accepted by the people due to its efficiency. This is so far one of the best anti-addiction drug that generally is useful for treating opioid addicts. This is the reason why it is readily available across the many countries and now you can easily get treatment for Suboxone addiction Brockton.
Well, before jumping in details about the Suboxone, let us first understand in details about the Opiates.
Opiates belongs from the narcotic drug family which is either synthetically or naturally derived from the opium poppy plant seeds. The prime function of these drugs is to suppress the many activities taking place in the nervous system hence ensure pain reduction and better sleep.
When people take these drugs for a long time their brains start getting tolerant to it. As their brain has got the tolerance power, the person requires even more dosage to acquire similar effect. This as a result improves the dependence and eventually makes the individual an addict of it. Even in several adverse cases, there are scenarios where people have observed over dosage which has accidentally led to death.
Here are some of the common opiates that can be misused – Heroin, morphine, fentanyl, oxycontin, methadone, codeine.
Suboxone is the savior in such an epidemic that can aid in reviving back to the similar normal phase. This oral prescription medicine got the approval from FDA which is the Food and Drug Administration in the year 2002 for treating individual who are addicted to opioid. These are generally either prescribed as a film or a sublingual tablet. The two active drugs comprises of:
- Naloxone: This is the opiate antagonist which acts great when it comes to blocking the opiate drug effect on your brain.
- Buprenorphine: This is the partial opioid antagonist that offers relief from the extreme cravings along with the withdrawal symptoms by completely blocking the receptors present in our brains.
Since the drug has been formulated in a way that it gets the ability to overcome the shortcomings, it has now become the answer for the people. Even when some of you who have been in researching about the treatment has checked that there are chances of getting addicted to Buprenorphine, but you should know that the presence of Naloxone stops from getting addicted. It quashes the effects of opiate.
Naloxone performs like the bodyguard which gets active only when someone tries to misuse the drug. In such case, Naloxone will immediately induce the withdrawal symptoms like sweating, nausea, vomiting, restlessness, and trembling.
Advantages of Suboxone:
There are several reasons that make Suboxone the widely chosen one by the people. Not only because it has helped several people across the glove to overcome the hard addiction, but also it does not require spending thousands on every consultation as it is taken just like other normal medication without the need for regular visit.
Well, let us check the many advantages:
- When Suboxone is taken as per the directed amount and under supervision, it has the ability to stop the use of drugs without any type of pain.
- It helps in getting rid of cravings along with the withdrawal symptoms thereby enabling to stop the intake of opiates. This as a result helps individuals to pay attention on recovery.
- Only with the use of Suboxone, you can get back to the productive life style
- Suboxone does not need you to go for regular visit, as it can be taken at home as per the directed amount by your physician
- As Suboxone is formulated in an unique way, the risk of getting abused is way much lower than any other drugs
How It Is Prescribed?
Suboxone is generally being prescribed as the part of detox program along with the maintenance therapy. It is generally available in different formulation in order to ensure getting the best of results. Here are some of the most common prescribed formulation.
- 3 mg of Naloxone with 12 mg of Buprenorphine
- 2 mg of Naloxone with 8 mg of Buprenorphine
- 1 mg of Naloxone with 4 mg of Buprenorphine
- 0.5 mg of Naloxone with 2 mg of Buprenorphine
Suboxone treatment has definitely become the one choice for the people and families who are looking to get rid of opioid. Now with the experts of Suboxone treatment centers Brockton, you can get back to a productive lifestyle. The physicians of this treatment need to have the approval to treat the patients. So make sure you get help from an approved and licensed physician and get back a productive lifestyle.